How We Serve
Capital Plan Services
We want you to feel confident selecting the right type of Capital Plan for your organization! All of our Capital Plans are prepared by Reserve Specialists.
The resulting report covers a one-year period and includes a 30-year cash flow forecast. Your Report (and other files) will be posted online for easy, anytime access. Your free Video Explanation of Results will help you communicate with leadership & stakeholders. Your free Funding Analysis Software will allow you to compare various what-if scenarios.
Every Capital Plan includes the following key three results:
- Component List detailing the scope & schedule of all Reserve Projects
- Calculation of current Reserve Fund Strength (Percent Funded)
- Customized Funding Plan going forward that allows for timely repairs & replacements, with an emphasis on avoiding special assessments
Your proposal from Capital Plan will include the following offerings:
Single Year Engagements & Updates
designed to meet your schedule, with 3 turnaround options (economy, standard and rush)
|Level of Service||Site Visit||Measurements||Component List||Photographs|
|Full Capital Plan With Site Visit||Yes||Yes||Created from scratch||Yes|
|Capital Plan Update With Site Visit||Yes||no||Updated from prior report||Yes|
|Capital Plan Update No Site Visit||no||no||Updated from prior report||no|
“Loyalty Update Plan”
This popular “flat fee” Loyalty Update Plan is designed to save you time & stabilize your budget.
The Loyalty Update Plan is a 3-year series of renewing one year “flat fee” engagements. The plan includes 3 Capital Plan reports prepared over 3 consecutive years: (1) Full Capital Plan or (1) Capital Plan Update With Site Visit (WSV) in addition to (2) Capital Plan Updates No Site Visit (NSV), in any order.
Why a 3-Year Plan?
The 3-year Flat Fee “Loyalty Update Plan” is a popular choice among our clients for many reasons:
- Leaders benefit from having us “on their team”, rather than just an on again-off again relationship.
- Over three years, we really get to know the property and are in a better position to guide the organization toward being fully funded.
- Organizations with annual updates tend to improve the strength of their Reserve Fund. This means that repairs & replacements can occur in a timely manner, there is less chance of deferred maintenance, and property values are protected.
- For three years, Stakeholders have the assurance that the Capital Plan will be updated despite employee transitions.
- We save the leadership time and trouble when they can count on us to initiate the update process automatically each year.
- Budget is stabilized by locking in a set price for three years.
Our “flat fee” annual price is based on the “Economy” turnaround time.
We are happy to respond to your request for revision within 60 days of report delivery.
Consulting Services & Expert Witness Testimony
We offer a wide range of hourly consulting services for all matters related to Capital Planning. Rely on our expertise to review your own “in‐house” planning or have us run some special “what‐if” reserve funding scenarios.
Consulting Rates: $200/hour (office work, site inspections, board meetings)
Litigators can look to Association Reserves for high caliber consulting, investigation, and testimony in all areas related to Capital Planning. This includes component lists, site inspections, financial analysis, computational methods, and Reserve Funding plans.
Expert Witness Rates: $300/hour (office work), $400/hour (deposition or trial appearances)